Gasflux 5% Silver Solder Brazing Rod 20"Regular price $12.99 Save $-12.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- AG-05 is a phos-copper that is used primarily for the joining of copper to copper and copper to brass where tight gaps cannot be maintained.
- Typical applications are air conditioning and refrigeration components including valves, condensers and coils, water lines and heat exchangers.
- This alloy is self-fluxing on copper joints. It is recommended that a flux such as our Type U Paste Flux be used when brazing copper to brass.
- The brazing temperature range for AG-05 is 1325 to 1500°F (718 to 816°C)
- Recommended for tolerances of .002 to .005”. This universal alloy has a lower phosphorus content which allows for loose fitting joints to be filled provided it does not exceed the upper range of the tolerance. Works with non-ferrous base metals such as copper and brass. It is not recommended for ferrous base metals such as steel and stainless steel.
- Length: 20"
- Alloy: BCuP-3
- AWS A5.8-04 Class BCuP-3
- ASME SFA5.7 Class BCuP-3
- QQ-B-650 Class BCuP-3
- Cu: Balance
- Ag: 5%
- P: 6%
- Total Others: 0.15%
- Solidus: 1190ºF (643ºC)
- Liquidus: 1495ºF (813ºC)
- Brazing Range: 1325-1500ºF (718 – 816ºC)
- Color: Light Copper
- Specific Gravity: 8.13